Missin' the Egg Song!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by loralei, Nov 2, 2009.

1. loralei

loralei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    I have 22 hens that are 25 weeks old that have recently recovered from Cocci. I am grateful that I didn't loss any of my girls but they were just starting to lay and prior to their illness I was getting 6 eggs per day! But since their illness & antibiotics I have only had one or two eggs! How long will it take for them to start laying again? Will the illness & antibiotics further delay the ones that had not yet started laying? I can tell that they have been in the nesting boxes but no goodies for me! [​IMG] Besides the lack of eggs they seem completely back to normal.

Thanks ya'll!

2. loralei

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    Anyone?

3. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    consider the shorter days..that combined with what they had give them some TLC. and time

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    This time of year, production decreases sharply (more in some breeds than others). I have 28 hens and am getting 5 or 6 eggs a day. That includes a couple breeds that are known for higher winter egg production than the average breed. [​IMG] No need to worry about it.

5. loralei

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    My poor girls have been through so much, pox then cocci! They are getting plenty of TLC and treats, bananas, being their favorite. I'm providing light in the coop until 8pm to compensate for the shorter days. I will worry until they start laying again though. I'm crazy about them! Just want em' to be ok again and laying will be the sign I need to prove it to me!

Thanks ya'll!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by