missing barred rock

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
Cant find 1 of the 3 barred rocks. I checked everywhere. I am hoping she is ok and hiding somewhere safe. I can smell a skunk outside and am getting worried. A few weeks ago we lost one to a skunk.

ooh..i hope he's ok!..
fl.gif
...i never knew snunks ate chickens!!...
idunno.gif
..i guess i never really thought about skunks much though...lol...good luck, Wendy

Thanks. Yeah I saw a mess of feathers and the body with no head. I am still upset over it. I have to find the barred rocks a new roo and this just makes it worse.

geez!!...i guess they just dont kill ya by spraying!!..
th.gif
...i'm really sorry for your loss!...so a rooster will protect the girls from that?..(i'm new to owning chickens)...Wendy

we found her! little butt munch was next to the lfower garden. I scolded her and put her in the coop with her friends. What the rooster does is warns the girls and tells them when there is danger. My moms was a scardy cat when a buzzard flew in. I never saw a chicken run so fast. There are alot of stories on here of roosters fighting of foxes, dogs, cats and even hawks. Sometimes to the death.

Thanks guys. I cant seem to find how she gets out. We have huge rocks along the bottom of the fence to block it from opening up. They have to share the ducks pen since There new coop is not ready and wont be for a long time. So we have to bring them in the house at night lol.

Well she did it again! I still cant find her and there is thunder, lightning, pouring rain and heavy winds. She is not next top her cage nor is she inside her coop.

Back
Top Bottom