1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Missing chicken

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cindycolon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Cindycolon

Cindycolon New Egg

Oct 22, 2013
    My grandson said I saw something in the back yard, I check and could not see a thing, latter that night I went to check on my chickens to put them to bed, and one was missing. My heart dropped, went looking for her and found a clump of feathers and pre eaten chicken food. I found a trail of feathers but no blood or my chicken.::( the trail disappeared , I could not find her, what could have gotten her. I am heart broken they are my pets. :( I do not want to lose another one. Sad, very very sad

2. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    That is so sad, sorry to hear it. [​IMG] We had a fox get two of our girls this spring, now everyone must be in a run.

And welcome to BYC.

3. Cindycolon

Cindycolon New Egg

Oct 22, 2013
    Thank you, I hope I can catch what got her. My babies are spoiled [​IMG] , for now I am just sad.

4. Cindycolon

Cindycolon New Egg

Oct 22, 2013
    Found the culprit that kill my chicken and I also found it hole, it was a coon, I now feel better.

5. mrchicks

mrchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I'm glad you found the coon. We've had a few here too. They trapped pretty easily with cans of cat food.

6. Cindycolon

Cindycolon New Egg

Oct 22, 2013
    I'll let you know when I catch it, thanks again:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by