Missing dog?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mike67909, May 12, 2010.

1. mike67909

mike67909 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    Pinckney, Michigan
    Last night we were looking and looking for our black lab (Buck). My wife closed up the shed where i have a room for our chickens and started calling the dogs to come in. Our pointer (Lily) pup came running in but she had to walk way out into the woods calling for Buck.. It was not like our dog to take off or not come when called (I once thought he ran away while visiting my dad's I walked up and down the street calling him.. Only to come back and find him sitting in the truck which somebody closed up). Another side note is this dog is very quiet he hardly ever barks.

So i got up and put my shoes on and walked out opened up the shed door turned on the light and there was buck alert and wagging his tail standing inside with the chickens. He had climbed inside with them while she was closing the back door which we let the chickens out of. The door is perfect size for our dogs to get in and I often have to chase Lily out of it, she goes inside and points at the chickens sitting on the roosts.

Luckily our dogs don't attack our chickens other than a little chase now and then.

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Got any pointing pics of pup???

Would love to see them!

3. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    That turned out to be a happy ending.

I'd love to see pics as well.

4. mike67909

Dec 22, 2009
    Pinckney, Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lily after her dewclaws were removed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lily at 6 weeks

5. mike67909

Dec 22, 2009
    Pinckney, Michigan
    Quote:No pointing picks I will have to get my camera out and try and get some. I posted some others for now

6. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    A very stunning dog

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by