Missing duck

dishfickle

Songster
11 Years
Jan 26, 2012
One of my runner ducks went missing today. Yard is secure, he doesn't fly, no feathers all over the place. Any ideas? Seems late in season for mink, we've seen one before during the day, but the bird is gone, not just a bloody mess.

One of my runner ducks went missing today. Yard is secure, he doesn't fly, no feathers all over the place. Any ideas? Seems late in season for mink, we've seen one before during the day, but the bird is gone, not just a bloody mess.
How long ago? Timing is super important in a missing duck case because they have no defense against any predators especially night time predators

Yeah,I guess. I saw a hawk several years back. I thought they usually left a bit if a mess. I guess I'll keep the rest locked up for a bit

Yeah,I guess. I saw a hawk several years back. I thought they usually left a bit if a mess. I guess I'll keep the rest locked up for a bit
I wouldn't give up on looking yet, I've had ducks go missing all day and return the next morning uninjured. Just keep an eye out for him and check super early in the morning, just in case something gets to him before you. Hope you find him ❤️

Back
Top Bottom