Missing feathers around vent

Chickendad16

Hatching
Feb 19, 2021
I posted about this problem over a week ago. My hen was being pecked at and it caused a bare spot on her backside. I have had her in a separate cage but still in the coop. I have been applying hen healer product to the affected area. She still has a large bare spot
She is becoming very stressed being in the cage, she just paces back and forth. I am afraid that if I leave her out with the rest of the flock, they will continue to peck at her bare spots. Any suggestions on what to do?

Attachments

• 20210219_143929.jpg
    20210219_143929.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210219_143936.jpg
    20210219_143936.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 5
I personally like to separate my injured birds in a separate coop. If she's in a cage, but still in the same coop, she'll try escaping and might still get pecked through the bars. You can place the cage somewhere else like in a shed or something. If she is stressed, place a blanket over the cage so she can't see out. I like to apply Neosporin with pain reliever to any wounds. (You can also use bag balm) Give her some time and things shall heal. I like to count off a month's worth, or however long it takes to heal. I hope that this helps you and your hen. :)

I personally like to separate my injured birds in a separate coop. If she's in a cage, but still in the same coop, she'll try escaping and might still get pecked through the bars. You can place the cage somewhere else like in a shed or something. If she is stressed, place a blanket over the cage so she can't see out. I like to apply Neosporin with pain reliever to any wounds. (You can also use bag balm) Give her some time and things shall heal. I like to count off a month's worth, or however long it takes to heal. I hope that this helps you a

I personally like to separate my injured birds in a separate coop. If she's in a cage, but still in the same coop, she'll try escaping and might still get pecked through the bars. You can place the cage somewhere else like in a shed or something. If she is stressed, place a blanket over the cage so she can't see out. I like to apply Neosporin with pain reliever to any wounds. (You can also use bag balm) Give her some time and things shall heal. I like to count off a month's worth, or however long it takes to heal. I hope that this helps you and your hen. :)
Thank you. I didnt take her out of the coop because I was concerned with reintroducing her and the other chickens bullying her. So I'm guessing that I should not let her back with the others until her feathers are grown back in?

Thank you. I didnt take her out of the coop because I was concerned with reintroducing her and the other chickens bullying her. So I'm guessing that I should not let her back with the others until her feathers are grown back in?
Yes, you can wait till her feathers grow back. If you're concerned with reintroducing, maybe when she's getting better, separate another bird for her to go back in with.

Back
Top Bottom