Missing feathers

rmickelson44

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2016
Somewhere out there in Illinois
So I have noticed that my Black Australorp is going bald. She will be 4 weeks old on Friday and I do understand that her feathers are coming in but this just dont seem right. She is balding on the tip of her wings and her chest looks like she is pulling them out. When I pick her up she feels of all bones like there is nothing to her. I watch my girls very carefully and she eats poops and drinks just fine, She dont get picked on so can anyone tell me what is happening? Her feathers look like there just breaking off... Is this normal cause I have yet to experience it with my other chickens. I will post pix shortly. Should I separate her, is this a sign of her being sick? Please any info will be great

Hi, I'd suggest re-posting your question on the "Emergencies, diseases, injuries and cures" forum for responses on this issue - you've posted here on the New Member Introductions forum. If i had experience of this problem, rest assured i would try and lend a hand regardless of where its posted, but sadly, I've not had that problem with my flock.

Best of luck

CT

Back
Top Bottom