missing goose

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
So i went to close the geese about 20 min after sunset maybe less, well only the goose was in there, she didnt look to traumatized and was talking normal, but the gander was missing, could he of just wanted to sleet outside somewere and not come in the coop at night? but if so why would the female leave him, im pretty sure nothing got ahold of him!

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Idk i have class till noon, and overslept so i wasent able to open them i called the girlfriends mom to do it for me since its there farm, but she said it wasent around, there isnt coyotes, only coons and hawks, but it disappeared when it was still light out, so idk ill go look through the woods and by the creek when i get out of class in a few hours, who knows maybe it wondered off to far and got lost if that has ever happened or it has been killed idk.

desertdarlene

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
I don't have a lot of experience, but the only time I've ever seen a goose go off on its own was when something was wrong with it. Then, a predator would get it. Predators can live right under your nose without you ever seeing or hearing them for their entire lives, even in urban areas.

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
any news on your gander?
caf.gif

Top Bottom