Missing my family but excited for the new year!

Nikki28

David Bowie is my co-pilot
11 Years
Dec 15, 2008
Wow it seems that alot of people here have big news to share! Congrats to all the mommies to be!

This isn't big news at all but I do think it's neat simply because the idea is new to me.

We moved from Florida were we were born and raised out to Arizona this time last year. It was hard because my family is pretty close and had all lived in the same county and saw each other often. So last year when I moved across the country and my older brother moved across the planet to South Korea it was very hard on my Mom and Dad.

It has been a year and Justin (BF) and I in 2009 plan to try out Urban Sustainable Living and see how much we can provide for ourselves and neighbors. After babbling my ideas off to my very patient mother over the phone for the last year I never thought she was actually listening. The stump I kept running into was what to do (veggie-wise) over the winter months next year.

Yesterday We received packages from her the first was a food dehydrator another a book about dehydrating and storing veggies and herbs and finally a huge box of her homemade cookies and fudge.

The book is great and talks about dehydrating your extra veggies and herbs and making soup packets that you just add meat to over winter along with a thousand other great ideas. I was so touched that she had put that much thought into helping me solve my 'problem' and am loving the idea of dehydrating the veggies (not to mention making jerky)

Thanks for letting me share and has anyone else had any experience with a dehydrator?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom