Missing my girls...They're outside tonight

Jen71

Songster
9 Years
Mar 25, 2010
Australia
My girls are in their brooder box - outside!

We are STILL waiting for our coop to be delivered and now we have 8 week old chickens inside our home. They're OK in the 2' x 3' brooder box during the night, and we've enclosed underneath our trampoline to serve as a daytime run for them. And that's working out really well.

We decided to move the brooder box outside tonight. They're on our back deck, and I feel like a nervous mother. I am worried about them. They are safe. The box itself is secure. They are not in physical danger. I hope they're not nervous or scared. Haha! Am I being oversensitive?
It's just that I've grown to like having them in our house. I like hearing their noises. It's cute.
smile.png

LOL!

hey, i'm with ya on that one! my girls just spent their 1st night outside in their coop. i went out there at around 8pm to close the door, they peeped very loudly for about 10 minutes, then settled right down. when i opened the door to let them out at 6am....all was well, they just looked a bit sleepy. i miss them so much!!!! i still give them love every day, but nothing beats having them close 24/7. i'm gonna get a couple chicken diapers and let 2 in at a time (i'm only gonna have 4 hens) in the evenings when they get bigger (they're too small for the diapers now). i still bring one in and put her on my chest with a towel underneath to be with me when i watch tv or read a book. i LOVE my girls!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom