Missing our standard flock...ghost coop syndrome!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Godiva, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Godiva

Godiva Songster 11 Years

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    A few weeks ago we gave our standard flock to Nadine. It is so quiet here, just Little Red Prince Zane to crow his little man crow now and he and his girls are in the tractors next to the house. Bo's big voice is gone... don't get me wrong, I am not sorry they have gone to a new home, I know they'll be happy there and it has been really helpful having less chickens to take care of while we go through the chaos of preparing to move across country! But I miss seeing them freeranging and Bo doing his 'come to this cool nest ladies' song! I miss them all running and flapping toward me at top speed to come get their treats! I miss the eggs... and when we go to the coop it is so silent and strange - not a single feathered friend in residence. Seems like the sad end of a season... I hope we can find a place that will be chicken friendly but no more Bo and company.... It is hard saying goodbye and this is the reality part of giving away our flock. Sigh! Enjoy them while you have them... never know when something may happen and suddenly they're gone.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Does make one sad.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: