Missing piece?

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
My girls and I have been trying to get this roof on correctly for hoursssss. After switching pieces around a million different times… Are we missing a piece???

Attachments

• 7ABD6366-7EA8-41D3-B17A-1C4BC709124C.jpeg
    7ABD6366-7EA8-41D3-B17A-1C4BC709124C.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 4
My girls and I have been trying to get this roof on correctly for hoursssss. After switching pieces around a million different times… Are we missing a piece???
Yes. The ridge cap.
Take it back and get a refund then build a real coop. You are approximately 99.9548% likely to HATE that coop if you keep it.
How many and of what size birds did you intend to house in that? Where in general are you located?

Yes. The ridge cap.
Take it back and get a refund then build a real coop. You are approximately 99.9548% likely to HATE that coop if you keep it.
How many and of what size birds did you intend to house in that? Where in general are you located?
It was free, we’re just using it to integrate the last batch of chicks in with our July group. They’re only 3 weeks old and will be coming in at night, it’s down in the 30s at night here in Utah. Right now they’re taking over my washroom lol

I bought a prefab coop and it has a ridge cap, too. It's less than 4 months old and coming apart from being outside in the weather. I agree, take it back. Get a refund, and build a coop. It'll be worth it in the long run.
It was free, so not a big deal. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t losing my mind lol

It was free, we’re just using it to integrate the last batch of chicks in with our July group. They’re only 3 weeks old and will be coming in at night, it’s down in the 30s at night here in Utah. Right now they’re taking over my washroom lol
If it's temporary, toss a tarp over it to keep the water out. I would only use a Momma heating pad or a brooder plate for a heat source in that.

Could they stay out at night with their heating pad (10 Wyandottes) or should I bring them in? I used a Sunbeam for the first few days
I'd leave them out. I raised 15 chicks in the built-in brooder in my coop using a brooder plate with a towel tossed over the top of it during a NY spring when the temps dipped down to 23F at night when the chicks had just turned 2 weeks old. They were totally fine.
Just make sure you don't lose power on the heat source.

I'd leave them out. I raised 15 chicks in the built-in brooder in my coop using a brooder plate with a towel tossed over the top of it during a NY spring when the temps dipped down to 23F at night when the chicks had just turned 2 weeks old. They were totally fine.
Just make sure you don't lose power on the heat source.
Oh that would just be so much better! Thank you for taking the time to answer my billion questions. Doing laundry for 7 with this ⬇️⬇️⬇️ is just not helpful lol

Attachments

• 1BD6E7EF-F058-41C3-AFF3-B6D67F7B98D3.jpeg
    1BD6E7EF-F058-41C3-AFF3-B6D67F7B98D3.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom