Missing tail feathers

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by trackfodder, Aug 15, 2010.

1. trackfodder

trackfodder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    For some reason today my rooster's beautiful blue/black tail feathers are flat gone. Is it possible he moulted in the heat or more probable some A--H--- tried to grab him? Maybe the animal control officer or likesuch? His girlfriend seems to have abandoned 10 eggs, but at 105 deg. I had just as soon she blow it off till later anyhow.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm thinking some ONE grabbed him.

3. trackfodder

trackfodder Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    A neighbor down the street said he chaised some Mexican kids off that were chaising Gen. Grant, so yesterday when their whole family were in front of their house across the blvd. I stopped and told the dad that we had a problem with the kids trying to catch my PET rooster. It was a friendly conversation with all smiles if they even understood me. For good measure, I looked at the kids and said NO POLO and everyone laughed. We'll see. Today we started black sunflower seeds as well as oyster shell to try to grow feathers so we don't have to call him Bob.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

*giggling* "Poy-yo." That double L in Spanish makes the "Y" sound. But you've probably identified the culprits correctly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by