Mississippi Blizzard Of 2011

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mississippifarmboy, Jan 14, 2011.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

2. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Whoa. That's just *wrong*.

3. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

yup!! that looks cold! pretty ...but cold....we all got a nasty winter this year, couldnt even escape to florida to get warm..lol cuz they were cold too!

4. mississippifarmboy

Yeah, I'm SOOO ready for spring!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yep.. even though i make fun of you rebels crying about a few inches of snow... [​IMG]
    I can see how its tough on you guys that arent used to it. Espically the outside animals..

6. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Do they even sell snow shovels there? [​IMG]
    Did they roll up the streets and close down?

You all just don't know what to do in that kinda weather, do ya?

Well, to keep to the 1" a year average, you should be good for awhile now. [​IMG]

7. mississippifarmboy

Quote:Smarty pants, we don't need snow shovels... cause it ain't supposed to snow here! [​IMG] [​IMG]

My wife's from Farmington, Missouri and the first year she was down here we got about a half inch one night and the schools shut down, the bank was closed, even the mail didn't run that day. She was rolling in the floor over that. [​IMG]

Redhen, outside animals? Did you see any outside animals in that picture? [​IMG] everything from the chickens to the pigs and horses decided they were inside critters! They took one look out at it, looked at me like I was nuts and went right back inside.
    Bunch of sissies. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  8. mississippifarmboy

How much did ya'll get up there Kathy?

9. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

lol, in the south, its not the snow that bothers us, its the ice, it will snow then get warm enough to melt it then it freezes and glazes all the roads, thats where we get into trouble, ive lived in detroit, canada & rhode island ive dealt with snow...... still dont like it,.... I think i hear florida calling my name [​IMG]

10. mississippifarmboy

Quote:Or a nice little island in the south pacific with palm trees, warm winds. and NO SNOW! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by