Missouri - Chicken house for sale - SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cqranch, Jan 6, 2009.

1. cqranch

cqranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    I've sold most of my hens and therefore don't need this chicken house any longer. It's on a platform 18" off the ground. Measures 60" x 48" with an 18" platform and overhang at the front. Three nest boxes with hinged lid to be accessed from outside. Roof of house and nest lid are shingled. Roosts in center of house can accomadate 8-9 standard chickens. Used primarily for roosting and laying. Mine free range so even in bad weather they never stayed inside, usually underneath. I'm located near Jefferson City. $150 Will require 2-3 people to load, preferably a flatbed trailer.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. cqranch

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    Front ledge and overhang for feeder:
    [​IMG]

Shot from back to show nest boxes from outside. The bar is not holding up the house, it's there to prevent calves from going around to front.
    [​IMG]

Nest box with lid up:
    [​IMG]

Side door for easy cleanout:
    [​IMG]

Inside shot of roosts and nests (hens not included.. lol):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

it is lovely!! great price on it too, especially compared to the prices i have seen near me. Somebody will snatch that right up.

4. cqranch

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    Thanks. I was going to paint it white to match my house, just never got around to it.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You aren't giving up on hatching are you?

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    ah I wish I were close [​IMG]

7. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    That's a nice coop...Where at in Missouri?
    ~Rebecca

8. cqranch

Aug 26, 2008
    Russellville
    Rebecca - I'm located in Russellville, MO.. about 20 minutes southwest of Jefferson City.

Shelleyd - no I haven't given up on hatching. I actually have about 30 in there now due in a couple weeks.

I still have other houses similar to the one I'm selling, but they are attached to the side of my barn. I've decided to get down to just a couple breeds. I'm ordering Black JG and White JG on the 10th. [​IMG] And I still have around a dozen BA's and 5 Barnevelders.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh, well that's good! I was kind of worried [​IMG] It is really nice, too bad something like that is too small for my 13? 14? idk! Different colors/breeds!! [​IMG]

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Russellville, MO thats where my mother lives,SHHHH you dont know me and im not driving that way to get chickens.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by