?? missouri ..exoctics???

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by soap&eggs, Feb 19, 2011.

1. soap&eggs

soap&eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    there is a swap or auction in missouri..called something like..lalees exotics ..a friend; mentioned...what .can anyone tell me about it ? is 7+ hour drive to get there..want to know if it would be worth the trip. thanks.

2. krstms

krstms MO Hick Chick

Sep 23, 2009
    Missouri
    Where in missouri is it located? I would be interested in this info too.

3. soap&eggs

Jul 22, 2010
    sorry i dont know where..or even correct name..but missouri is seven hours from us...have heard it is held 3 or 4 times a year. swap sale & auction.....i would love to attend if it is as large as ive heard, well worth the trip..would be my first vacation in over eleven years !

4. Duker17

Duker17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    Missouri
    I believe you are referring to Lolli Brothers which us in Macon, MO. They have a website if you google them. They have a lot of really neat exotic animal auctions. When I was in college I worked at the Days Inn in Kirksville as a bartender (about 30 miles north of there) and once a year we had some people that stayed there who owned a zoo in New York and went to the auctions there. It was always so cool to hear about the animals they had bought- kangaroos, water buffalo, zebras, all kinds of neat animals!

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Quote:X2 At one time it was the largest exotics auction in the USA, haven't been in years, but I'm sure it's still huge. They have a warm room to and every kind of poultry you can thik of.

We owned an exotic animal ranch for years and Macon was one of the better auctions. There is (Or was) one in Fruitland, Missouri too, just north of Cape, a web search should locate it if it's still going.

6. soap&eggs

Jul 22, 2010
    thank you so much for info..i will be sure to google & see what i can find.....i seriously have not had a day off in over 11 years...my daughters weddings i had to drive home & do evening chores and when my dad passed i had to get home & do night chores also, had emergency surgery day i got home had no one to feed..yep out doing chores... i despretely need a vacation..even if it is just for one day away. lol..silly me , over welmed with animal care and a vacation would be to go see & buy more animals...!!!....

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by