Missouri Quail Permit??

austin3410

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 12, 2012
I live in St. Louis, MO & I don't know if you need a permit in MO to raise quail. I've raised chickens before & I know those aren't allowed but I did it anyway lol. Lastly, I would be so grateful if someone replied a link to an inexpensive, small, incubator w/ auto-rotation egg holders that are made for quail eggs.

Thanks much,
austin3410

Insofar as I am aware, the only limits on poultry in KS and MO is about pheasents and sometimes partridge or bob white quial specifically. If you are raising long term domestics (i.e. coturnix or button) its o.k., especially if they are in cages, instead of flight training pens.

What do you consider to be inexpensive? I use an older hovabator with quail turners. It holds 120 at a time. Since Hovas are a bit thin, I actually drape a few small kitchen towles over it, leaving open the breathing holes in the center to help keep that temp steady. I've been very happy with mine, but it helped that I picked up a $10 indoor/outdoor didgital temp. gauge with humidity also. I just pop it in where I leave one egg rack out, and put a shot glass under it too keep the height in the center of the egg, for extreme accuracy. IT's the cheapest one with turners available. (and you can get turners that fit homemade styrofoam bators too, if you but it first, and make or purchase your styrofaom box to fit them!) That'll get you in for about $40 if you buy cheap on ebay..... I paid just under $80 for the set.

Good luck!

Your welcome, hope it helps. Their is another inexpensive incubator post going on now, and they have some info too. You might check it out. Good luck!
frow.gif

I live in St. Louis, MO & I don't know if you need a permit in MO to raise quail. I've raised chickens before & I know those aren't allowed but I did it anyway lol. Lastly, I would be so grateful if someone replied a link to an inexpensive, small, incubator w/ auto-rotation egg holders that are made for quail eggs.

Thanks much,
austin3410

What species are you planning on keeping? If you are planning on raising non-native species, you should be fine, but it would be best to contact MDC before you begin your venture.

Here's a pdf from MDC with game bird info for our state:

http://mdc.mo.gov/sites/default/files/resources/2010/09/9862_6862.pdf

The phone number of the office in St Louis is 636-441-4554

Good luck!!
Dan

Back
Top Bottom