Missourians Show Me Your Chickens!

teddiliza

Songster
11 Years
Feb 1, 2008
St Louis MO (Jefferson County)
Hi, I thought any Missourians could post their city and chicken pictures on this thread and we could maybe discuss swapping chickens or sharing orders etc.

Here are my chicks! ?Barred Rock? and ?Welsummers?
BR3Stoogesandbaby.jpg

Welsummersresting.jpg

Thanks! P.S. I might have to get rid of any Roos that grow up if my husband doesn't cook them first.

Teddi.
Jefferson City MO.

Here's a pic of my babies...
100_2755.jpg

This is our 1st time with chicks, I've wanted chicks for some time now and now I just can't wait for my boy to gather his 1st batch of eggs
smile.png
. I think they'll fit right in with our 2 Mini-Nubian goats here just outside of Hannibal in Northeast Missouri....

I'm near St. Louis, Mo. (Just right over the river in Illinois) I might have chicks for sale or swap soon.

My current laying flock consist of RIR, SLW, & EE. I have a total of 16 that I received as day old babies last spring. I'm about to inherite 2 buff orps that are about 10 months old...a pullet & cockerel.

Hatching eggs on the way....so there will be extra chicks to get rid of soon.

Cute chicks everyone! They are such a joy. I love mine!

I forgot to say that I love Hannibal! We went there a year ago February when we went to Troy to pick up our Great Pyr pup. We had a lovely stay & enjoyed dining there along with Mark Twain Cave.

The children want to move there!
lol.png

Southwest Missouri, South of Joplin, just started with the chickens, still only have babies, but they are 8 of the cutest babies I've ever seen!
big_smile.png

YaY!
I saw 3 baby ducks at Orscheln's today and it was so hard to resist! I've already got 16. The Welsummer quartet is beautiful, and the 4 barred rocks are so sweet! Plus I have a New Hampshire, a buff orphington, 3 black sex link and 3 red sex links. I've found a potential home for my extras. My husband and I just picked up a bunch of free scrap wood to build a bigger coop already. We are in Jefferson City.

Thanks for all the pics!
Teddi

Back
Top Bottom