Missourians Show Me Your Chickens!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by teddiliza, Mar 1, 2008.

1. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, I thought any Missourians could post their city and chicken pictures on this thread and we could maybe discuss swapping chickens or sharing orders etc.

Here are my chicks! ?Barred Rock? and ?Welsummers?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks! P.S. I might have to get rid of any Roos that grow up if my husband doesn't cook them first.

Teddi.
    Jefferson City MO.

2. cjdeere

cjdeere Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Here's a pic of my babies...
    [​IMG]
    This is our 1st time with chicks, I've wanted chicks for some time now and now I just can't wait for my boy to gather his 1st batch of eggs [​IMG] . I think they'll fit right in with our 2 Mini-Nubian goats here just outside of Hannibal in Northeast Missouri....

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Quote:Hey Cj, glad to see you made it over to this forum.

JDA

4. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I'm near St. Louis, Mo. (Just right over the river in Illinois) I might have chicks for sale or swap soon.

My current laying flock consist of RIR, SLW, & EE. I have a total of 16 that I received as day old babies last spring. I'm about to inherite 2 buff orps that are about 10 months old...a pullet & cockerel.

Hatching eggs on the way....so there will be extra chicks to get rid of soon.

Cute chicks everyone! They are such a joy. I love mine!

5. teddiliza

I heard you all got a bunch of snow there! It missed me, thank goodness!

Keep us informed on how the new buffs do!

6. Faith

Faith Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2008
    :)NW Missouri here. Too far for me to trade chicks but I enjoy your pics!

7. Faith

Faith Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2008
    I forgot to say that I love Hannibal! We went there a year ago February when we went to Troy to pick up our Great Pyr pup. We had a lovely stay & enjoyed dining there along with Mark Twain Cave.

The children want to move there![​IMG]

8. wartrek79

wartrek79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Missouri
    Southwest Missouri, South of Joplin, just started with the chickens, still only have babies, but they are 8 of the cutest babies I've ever seen! [​IMG]

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
  10. teddiliza

YaY!
    I saw 3 baby ducks at Orscheln's today and it was so hard to resist! I've already got 16. The Welsummer quartet is beautiful, and the 4 barred rocks are so sweet! Plus I have a New Hampshire, a buff orphington, 3 black sex link and 3 red sex links. I've found a potential home for my extras. My husband and I just picked up a bunch of free scrap wood to build a bigger coop already. We are in Jefferson City.

Thanks for all the pics!
    Teddi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by