MissPrissy/ My Lt. Brahmas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Tuffoldhen, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG]

MissPrissy, this is Oliver my Light Brahma rooster and one of my hens....

[​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very pretty! Now I know have to get some eggs from you sometime!....like maybe in the fall? [​IMG]

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm not MissPrissy, but I wanted to tell you that I think they are beautiful! [​IMG]

4. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Katy, Your more than welcome to some hatching eggs, just let me know...These are my best layers even in winter...I'm raising up some more young pullets...

Very good natured breed...TY Gumpsgirl...

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Oh my goodness they are gorgeous! So much prettier than the two pullets I have. Maybe I can get some eggs closer to fall? [​IMG] The two I have are laying machines. I could use them in my eating egg flock!!

6. Tuffoldhen

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Sara, no problem...Now watch them all go into a long molt close to Fall......LOL

Just remind me...

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Then me and Sara will just have to wait!

8. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    I just had to write and say you got one handsome rooster. I really like him.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Wow! They are beautiful. I love the contrast of the black and white and the deep red of the comb and wattles. If I could get Steve to build me another coop I would get some eggs from you! I do have those 2 mixed orp/brahmas with very pretty lacing. They are really getting some size to them too. Very nice looking chickens!

10. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    They are very pretty chickens.I have two hens about a year old and while I love them to death they are no where near as pretty color wise as yours are.The white in their back is not as clean, in other words they have some black "specks" in places.One of mine has gone broody this spring but I didn't let her keep any eggs.I love the shape of their eggs as they are almost completely round.You might as well put me down for a few eggs this fall too and do you know anybody that has any Dark Brahma's?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by