MissPrissy's sweetbread starter chocolate dessert- Almost done baking!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Buster, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

When MissPrissy sent me eggs about a month ago, she also sent me her sweetbread starter (yeast culture). I've been feeding and stirring this beast all this time and finally decided to try to do something with it. I had my boys help me with the recipe she sent and it's in the oven right now. I'm pretty nervous about the outcome, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Why did you wait so long???

You owe those boys of yours tons of goodies. I told you to make it for them for Christmas goodies.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

LOL! Maybe I was just AFRAID to try! It's done and cooling now. I took a pic that I'll post here in a bit.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You have enough starter you could send half the members of BYC a cup after all these weeks!

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:[​IMG]

7. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Sweetbread starter? What is that? I am familiar with sourdough but not sweetbread. Tell me more, Michelle

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:[​IMG] that looks yummy. I need to get that starter going. I tried but I didn't capture a wild yeast, and just haven't gotten back to doing it and using yeast.

9. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Piece of that and a cup of coffee would sure be good.

Or better yet, forget the coffee

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:I can't- you'll have to ask MissPrissy- I know NOTHING. I just do as I'm TOLD. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by