Missy Prissy's Eggs Arrived!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eastTNchick, Mar 28, 2009.

1. eastTNchick

eastTNchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    [​IMG] My BBS eggs are here from MissPrissy!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

But, evidently, the USPS does not know how to read.

When my mail lady came up the drive, and asked her if she had a package for me, and she said, "Yeah, but it's a little damaged. I stamped it saying that this is how we received it." [​IMG] I said, "Oh, no! There's hatching eggs in there!" Her response? "They're hatching now?" [​IMG]

So, I proceeded to take it the back porch and started to open it, but had DH get the camera so I could take pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tell you what, what part of "Fragile", "Perishable", "Breakable", "Handle with Care", do they not understand? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thankfully, Miss Prissy sent 14 eggs and I only lost 1. From the looks of the box, I expected a lot worse. The whole side was caved into the middle of the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got them resting now and will put them in the incubator tomorrow evening. Right now, we're without power because DH is changing out the breaker box (last minute decision on his part), so I'll set them along with some from my own buff orps.

Thanks again, MissPrissy!! I'm so eggcited! I'm praying I'll still have a good hatch rate!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The PO should be ashamed to deliver a box like that.

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    That's horrible!! It really burns me up when I see that. I got an egg shipment last week and it look as though it was handled with kid gloves.

Yours looks like they played football with it. I'd be furious! I hope that you have a good hatchrate anyway.

Good luck hun.

~Laurie~

4. deenamr

deenamr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Looking at that box almost makes me wonder if they do it on purpose. I am sure they really don't but sometimes I just wonder. My box that was coming from about 200 miles away went missing for 6 days in very cold weather. I had a zero hatch from those.

Best wishes for good luck with your eggs.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Sorry to see that box so destroyed but looks like she packed those eggies well! I'm shocked that you only had ONE broken one! Here is what you have to look forward to [​IMG] I got my eggs from Miss Prissy too [​IMG] She has great birds [​IMG]

My sweet roo Tristan.

[​IMG]

6. eastTNchick

eastTNchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    He's beautiful!!! I can't wait for mine!!

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The PO just sucks. I clearly wrote on there "Please be kind to this box!"

I hope you have a great hatch. Keep me posted when you candle in 7 - 10 days.

8. southernhen

southernhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Port St. Joe, Florida
    I have gotten a couple of boxes that came close to looking like that box. I think they played soccer with that one. [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow. The PO is amazing. Were those eggs in the carton, and all came out of it in route?

10. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I'm amazed only one was broke with a box that looks like that. But if it makes you feel any better, I have 11 of Angie's egg in my bator now. 11 out of 13 growing at day 9, my best percentage for shipped eggs ever!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by