Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Decatur, TN
celebrate.gif
My BBS eggs are here from MissPrissy!!!
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

But, evidently, the USPS does not know how to read.

When my mail lady came up the drive, and asked her if she had a package for me, and she said, "Yeah, but it's a little damaged. I stamped it saying that this is how we received it."
barnie.gif
I said, "Oh, no! There's hatching eggs in there!" Her response? "They're hatching now?"
lau.gif

So, I proceeded to take it the back porch and started to open it, but had DH get the camera so I could take pics.

3393745960_afecac04d0.jpg

3393745988_484fafcfab.jpg

I tell you what, what part of "Fragile", "Perishable", "Breakable", "Handle with Care", do they not understand?
rant.gif
he.gif

3393746038_ff1b87db75.jpg

Thankfully, Miss Prissy sent 14 eggs and I only lost 1. From the looks of the box, I expected a lot worse. The whole side was caved into the middle of the box.

3393746044_7e5eb638fc.jpg

3392963163_aaaa743a69.jpg

I've got them resting now and will put them in the incubator tomorrow evening. Right now, we're without power because DH is changing out the breaker box (last minute decision on his part), so I'll set them along with some from my own buff orps.

Thanks again, MissPrissy!! I'm so eggcited! I'm praying I'll still have a good hatch rate!!
fl.gif

Last edited:
That's horrible!! It really burns me up when I see that. I got an egg shipment last week and it look as though it was handled with kid gloves.

Yours looks like they played football with it. I'd be furious! I hope that you have a good hatchrate anyway.

Good luck hun.

~Laurie~

Looking at that box almost makes me wonder if they do it on purpose. I am sure they really don't but sometimes I just wonder. My box that was coming from about 200 miles away went missing for 6 days in very cold weather. I had a zero hatch from those.

Best wishes for good luck with your eggs.

Sorry to see that box so destroyed but looks like she packed those eggies well! I'm shocked that you only had ONE broken one! Here is what you have to look forward to
big_smile.png
I got my eggs from Miss Prissy too
big_smile.png
She has great birds
big_smile.png

My sweet roo Tristan.

100_7382.jpg

The PO just sucks. I clearly wrote on there "Please be kind to this box!"

I hope you have a great hatch. Keep me posted when you candle in 7 - 10 days.

I'm amazed only one was broke with a box that looks like that. But if it makes you feel any better, I have 11 of Angie's egg in my bator now. 11 out of 13 growing at day 9, my best percentage for shipped eggs ever!

Back
Top Bottom