Missy Prissy's Yogurt

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by lovemychicks9, May 22, 2008.

1. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I made some of Miss Prissy's yogurt last night. It is the BEST!!! I did the unforgivable though and moved the cooler a couple times thinking it would not be warm enough though, the only thing that happend was it got a little jiuce on it but after it refrigerated overnight the juice went away. It is sooo thick, and not sour like the store goo they call yogurt . I am so sold on it that I made 2 more quarts of the good stuff this morning and can not wait until tonight. [​IMG] My chickies went CRAZY for the stuff this morning and did not even wait for me to get out of the pen, they attacked the plate pushing and shoving each other out of the way! Too funny!!! Thanks so much Miss Prissy!! You have just made another convert, Dannon [​IMG] will no longer darken my refrigerator again. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You will never again want to eat commercial yogurt after making your own.

I am so glad you tried it. [​IMG]

Welcome to the dark side of DIY [​IMG]

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, it's great stuff alright!!! Try making it a little bit sweet with lots of vanilla, then chop fresh strawberries or peaches onto it. . . . absolutely delicious!!!!

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I plan to make a whole slew of it once we move (which is hopefully this month!). I have a question though MP... do you think it'd be possible to add chocolate of some sort to it? My oldest son likes yogurt, but sometimes he's picky. The kid will eat ANYTHING with chocolate on it, so I figured maybe making chocolate yogurt would be a hit.
    Thoughts? LOL

5. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have never had chocolate yogurt. You could try it. Or sweeten it, add good vanilla and then chocolate chips?

6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I've seen chocolate whipped stuff in the stores. I figured since yours can be made with just milk or adding pwdr milk, maybe it would be worth a shot. Yeah, I could also just throw some chocolate chips into it, but knowing Keej, he'd just eat the chips. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:Try stirring some Nestle's Quik or powdered hot cocoa into it before setting. I tried it with the strawberry flavored Quik, and it was good. Still creamy, too. I haven't tried the chocolate flavor yet. [​IMG]

8. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Good idea. I only make it plain or with vanilla. My kids top it with all sorts of stuff - sometimes like ice cream for desserts.

9. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Try stirring some Nestle's Quik or powdered hot cocoa into it before setting. I tried it with the strawberry flavored Quik, and it was good. Still creamy, too. I haven't tried the chocolate flavor yet. [​IMG]

There's an idea! Thanks [​IMG]

10. JenJenWv

JenJenWv Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    I made chocolate yogurt one batch by adding two packets of hot chocolate mix to the milk as I was heating it. I liked it, but my husband didn't care for it. I think he has a mental block to eating homemade yogurt, though. Don't know why, but he practically turned his nose up before he tried it and hasn't been very enthusiastic about any of it. My kids, on the other hand, love it. My 22 month old son asks for "urt."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by