1. wilhiteranch

wilhiteranch Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Rocklin
    Do you think misters for chickens are bad? Im leaving for 3 days and im worried they will get to hot. When Im home I take precautions by keeping them cool with fresh ice water, fans, dunking feet..ETC but the babysitter wont cater to them like I do. [​IMG]

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I have misters on my rabbits and chickens..
    you may want to get a timer for yours if no one will be there to turn them off at night

3. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    We are currently building a walk in run and I think misters are a big plus! Our chickens get hot here in CA and even though they have shade and I give them ice water it's still hot.

4. swmalone

swmalone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Northern Utah
    I tried to use a mister that is on a hose nozzle but I think that the mist droplets might still be too big. The chickens run from it even when it is hot. They do really enjoy the cool ground after I shut the mister off though.

5. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought one a The Depot for $10. and my chickens love it... one of them likes it too much. She stays it as long as I leave it on. I worry about her sometimes [​IMG]

6. myhubbycallsmechickeemama

myhubbycallsmechickeemama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Arco, ID
    Any idea where you can buy a mister?

7. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I got mine at Home Depot. You can get them online too... Amazon.com is a great place to start.

8. Momaha

Momaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Sooner Nation WWHQ
    Quote:I bought mine at Lowe's because Home Depot was out.

9. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I got mine at lowes and the girls love it, they sit under it in the hottest part of the day. It also keeps the sand cool and damp. They dig holes in the damp sand and lay in it. It is just a thin hose with mist heads on it that attaches to a regular hose. We also have a water timer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Love the mister! No more panting chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by