1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

misting goose eggs

Discussion in 'Geese' started by austinhart123, Feb 9, 2009.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    how important is it to mist the goose eggs, if its not that important, tell me and i wont do it

2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    if you are incubating eggs you need to mist them

3. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    ya i am incubating them i heard not to start misting till day four and thats tomorrow... the humidity has been between 65% and 80%. and i know they need a fifteen minute cooldown everyday and thats when i'll candle

4. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I mist them with warm water before putting them back in the bator and start at day 4 with the 15 minute coolings and end about 3 days before they hatch. Seems to work pretty well for us. We have a large incubator so I just keep my spray bottle in there. We also use a little oxine in the water to safely kill bacteria on the eggs.

5. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    When I was incubating eggs in my sportsman, I had geese, duck, turkey, guinea, chicken, quail and pheasant eggs all in there at the same time and I never misted any of my eggs and I did the dry incubation where I did not add any water at all and I had good hatches........................

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

It is extremely important. Mist from day 4 up until the gosling pips the air sac. Cool them also from day 4 up until it pips the air sac. mist during that cool down period.

7. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    thanks everyone ive been misting daily since day 4 and today is day seven, but i think only one is fertile and developing so if anybody locally will have dayold goslings locally in 3 weeks please let me know thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by