1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mitzi

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cheri, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I am inheriting my late Grandma's cat. She is over at my mom's house until Friday. I was the first to volunteer and that is why I got her. Grandma loved Mitzi like one of her kids. That was the most important thing to her. Everyone got the sniffles when my brother loaded her into her leopard print carrying case. They all said goodbye in tears. Well mom told me the other day she has a pair of blue socks to put on Mitzi's bed so she can smell Grandma. Mom had some of Grandma's books on her dresser. She looked up to see Mitzi smelling the books and then rubbing all over them. She misses Grandma too. [​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] AH what a nice to thing to do and such a good memory for you.........she is in good hands.......... thank you for sharing ....[​IMG]

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Right now she is hiding in a closet. She is beautiful. I will be sure to take pictures.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Cheri....that brought tears to my eyes. Poor Mitzi...sounds like she does miss your grandma. Can you take the pillow from grandmas bed and maybe make a little bed for her? I bet she would love that!

5. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    [​IMG] That is too sweet. I'm a firm believer that our animals love us more than we could ever love them.

6. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    We have a pair of socks but she hid them. Right now she is laying on the couch. She is slowly learning to trust us.

7. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Oh, this brought tears to my eyes too! [​IMG]
    God bless you all!!
    [​IMG]

8. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I almost called my grandma the other day. I wanted to know how to make tomato gravy. Then I remembered.

9. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    My grandma passed away in 2000 and my grandpa on new year's eve of 2002 (I didn't know whether to say 2002 or 2003 because of the date) and I STILL find myself thinking, "oh I should call her/him about this" only to remember as well.... I'm still not sure how long it takes to get out of that habit. I really feel for you. My grandparents meant the entire world to me (and still do). I hope you feel better Cheri.

10. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Oh lordy how she scared me today! [​IMG] She got out! This lady has no claws and I was terrified and I just KNEW Aunt Doris was going to kill me.[​IMG]

Chelsea found her later. Thank goodness she has the sense to stay around. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by