mix breed quail?

what your talking about is more like mixing mallard derived ducks with muscovies. Two different species that may be close enough in relation to produce viable eggs, but the offspring may be mules. I'm thinking they are probly too far removed from each other to reproduce successfully and all leads online appear to be coturnix being passed as hybrids.
th.gif

But of course I could be wrong.

Last edited:
The Bob Bird Is A Bob/coturnix Hybrid. But It Is Created The Opposite Way... Male Cot Over Female Bob. Your Results May Be Very Ugly As The Bob Male Is A Much More Powerful Model Than The Standard Coturnix Roo, And Has A Disposition To Match..

Just to clarify these are species not breeds an A&M crossed with a Pharoah would be a mixed BREED, but if your senario was successful if would be a mixed SPECIES and all offspring would be "mules". Any offspring would be sterile and yould would most likely get very low hatchabilty while producing them.
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, the Bob the bob can do his thing and Cleo there can have fertile eggs. The result is an ugly bird with a cranky disposition that never laid or made a fertile egg. It did make a happy Bob tho until I finally hatched and grew out enough females to set him up with his own harem. When you have the opposite blend (bob hen), you get the Bob bird hybrid. Forget which hatchery even has these for sale but saw 'em somewhere. Once again, a rather funky looking bird that has a rather nasty disposition. Not sure on their fertility since I never tried that gender/breed combo. I never had a gentleman enough cort male that I would trust a bob hen to.

Back
Top Bottom