mix breed, want to know what they look like

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chick-lovers, Feb 28, 2012.

1. chick-lovers

chick-lovers New Egg

Jan 29, 2012
    i am starting chickens, the mothers are mixed bred, 1/4 wyandotte and 3/4 aracauna and the father id pure bred leg horne/
    and some of the other mothers are 1/4 aracauna and 3/4 wyandotte and some mothers that are half and half. i would like to know if anybody has any pictures of any mix like this? also what temperature should incubating take place in celceus?

2. AnimalCrazed

AnimalCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Idaho
    I'm not sure if they have those mixes but you could check out the "Mixed breed photo reference" thread.... also I'm sure they would love pictures of your adult mixes on there... I know i would!! [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    [​IMG]

I'm sure you will get some colorful and interesting birds with that mixture. It's hard to say exactly what they will look like.
    100 degrees F = 38 degrees C

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  4. chick-lovers

chick-lovers New Egg

Jan 29, 2012
    my power went out twice today the forst one for an hour early this morning and for three hours a little while ago, will that mess-up the incubating process, they will be on day three at 6 tonight.

5. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    they will be fine, donĀ“t worry, keep in mind that mother is not always around and sometimes they take up to 2 hours to comeback to the nest, bird embryo have evolved to tolerate cold temperatures. but not as good as taking too much heat.

let me find a paper I read long ago about them taking very low temps...

6. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
  7. chick-lovers

chick-lovers New Egg

Jan 29, 2012
    thank you, i was quite terrified

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by