Mix oil coccidiosis treatment

Do you have a photo of the product that you have?
Who "prescribed" the product?
Looking at their website there are several "formulas" of Mix Oil.

I do see one labeled as "Coxxoil" that is for Coccidiosis.
It would be interesting to know what blend of oils they are using, also their research on the effectiveness of their product. There is no "dosing" or "mixing" instructions and I can only "assume" the product is meant to be added to feed on an ongoing basis for "prevention" and "control"?
Did you actually receive any type of instructions for how this product is to be used and for how long?

I don't necessarily like some of the wording they use in their marketing material
"""Live attenuated vaccines are used to prevent coccidial infection; however, the cross-species protection in coccidian vaccines is unsatisfactory. In addition there is some concern about the side effects of drug residues in poultry product in common preventive procedure with coccidiostatic agent.
A solution to both these problems could be the use of plant products that function by mechanisms other than those of chemotherapeutics, with the additional advantage of a natural origin. Antioxidant compounds could hold promise for the control of Eimeria infections due to the association of coccidial infection with lipid peroxidation of the intestinal mucosa.""
http://www.awpint.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/coxxoil.pdf

More information about how it's supposed to "work" would need to be seen before I even considered a product like this to treat Coccidia.

Just my 2¢

I know there is a lot of research going on right now to try to find more natural plant based treatments for coccidiosis, especially in the EU. But I've not come across articles that say they've found an answer. Yet. I agree with what @Wyorp Rock said above, and I'm always suspicious when ingredients are not disclosed and I'm supposed to give it to an animal. I'm just not that trusting. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. I would err on the side of something I KNOW works rather than lose chickens or chicks. Part of the issue with the information out there currently is the question of how much, how often and for how long. When using plant based products there are a lot of variables in play including how it's grown, what time of year it's harvested, how it's processed, etc. Hopefully the science will get there, I'm just not sure it's there yet, at least in a way that would be useful to the average person. I am very interested and pro herbal when it can be used effectively, so I would be really happy if something actually did work.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939967/

Do you have a photo of the product that you have?
Who "prescribed" the product?
Looking at their website there are several "formulas" of Mix Oil.

I do see one labeled as "Coxxoil" that is for Coccidiosis.
It would be interesting to know what blend of oils they are using, also their research on the effectiveness of their product. There is no "dosing" or "mixing" instructions and I can only "assume" the product is meant to be added to feed on an ongoing basis for "prevention" and "control"?
Did you actually receive any type of instructions for how this product is to be used and for how long?

I don't necessarily like some of the wording they use in their marketing material
"""Live attenuated vaccines are used to prevent coccidial infection; however, the cross-species protection in coccidian vaccines is unsatisfactory. In addition there is some concern about the side effects of drug residues in poultry product in common preventive procedure with coccidiostatic agent.
A solution to both these problems could be the use of plant products that function by mechanisms other than those of chemotherapeutics, with the additional advantage of a natural origin. Antioxidant compounds could hold promise for the control of Eimeria infections due to the association of coccidial infection with lipid peroxidation of the intestinal mucosa.""
http://www.awpint.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/coxxoil.pdf

More information about how it's supposed to "work" would need to be seen before I even considered a product like this to treat Coccidia.

Just my 2¢
It is the mix oil. I got prescribed it from a poultry vet and they said to put 1ml in 4 litres of water. I didn't use it as I ended up using harkers coxoid which is amprolium. But it is expensive!!
DSC_0015.JPG

Unfortunately they put the sticker over the information label!

I know there is a lot of research going on right now to try to find more natural plant based treatments for coccidiosis, especially in the EU. But I've not come across articles that say they've found an answer. Yet. I agree with what @Wyorp Rock said above, and I'm always suspicious when ingredients are not disclosed and I'm supposed to give it to an animal. I'm just not that trusting. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. I would err on the side of something I KNOW works rather than lose chickens or chicks. Part of the issue with the information out there currently is the question of how much, how often and for how long. When using plant based products there are a lot of variables in play including how it's grown, what time of year it's harvested, how it's processed, etc. Hopefully the science will get there, I'm just not sure it's there yet, at least in a way that would be useful to the average person. I am very interested and pro herbal when it can be used effectively, so I would be really happy if something actually did work.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4939967/
I totally agree! I would love to see more natural, proven products available, I'm just really a skeptic when it comes to something new:)

It is the mix oil. I got prescribed it from a poultry vet and they said to put 1ml in 4 litres of water. I didn't use it as I ended up using harkers coxoid which is amprolium. But it is expensive!!
View attachment 1600426
Unfortunately they put the sticker over the information label!
LOL That's about right! Ugggh! Sticker over the label, seems to be how it goes:lol:

Oregano is being used for a lot of things, @coach723 knows much more than I do about natural/holistic healing. I really do believe there are plants/herbs, etc that are very healing and absolutely have their place when medicating our flock and ourselves. I just don't know much about them and usually stick to what I know will be most effective.
When more information emerges, I will be happy to jump on board.

I'm sure it's considered 'proprietary', but no ingredients listed except generally 'essential oils'. I am just a person that by nature wants to know more than that before putting it in or on a body, mine or otherwise. What if one happens to have an allergy to one of those 'natural plants'? That's just me, but thankfully I still have the choice. If you ever do try it, let us know how it works out.

I'm sure it's considered 'proprietary', but no ingredients listed except generally 'essential oils'. I am just a person that by nature wants to know more than that before putting it in or on a body, mine or otherwise. What if one happens to have an allergy to one of those 'natural plants'? That's just me, but thankfully I still have the choice. If you ever do try it, let us know how it works out.
I'm not really convinced yo be honest. I think I'll put it back in the cupboard. The problem with treating cocci in UK is the lack of feasable products that don't require a prescription. The best treatment is baycox but without a vet to prescribe it... The only other option is harkers coxoid. It is amprolium but you only get a small amount and need to mix quite alot for the correct dosage. I have found another 'own brand' amprolium product and at a reasonable-ish price so I'm going to try that.

Back
Top Bottom