Mixed 2011 Ducklings ($10 EA)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by woodsedge, Nov 23, 2011.

1. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    I have 3 2011 Muscovy wild mallard muscovy mixed ducklings. They are very pretty and we were going to keep them but the keep getting out of the pen and we dont know how they are doing it. Wings have been clipped, no wholes in the fence, we dont want them cross breeding with our runners. They have mallard looking feathers but sound like muscovies, without the chronicles on the face. I have no idea why a mallard would breed with our hens, this is the first year we have had this happen, and we have had muscovies for 14yrs at least. NO SHIPPING THEY ARE TOO BIG. sweet ducks and get along with everything from bantams to peafowl and turkeys. for more info email [email protected] or visit the breeding stock page of our website to see old pics of them www.woodsedgeanimalfarm.net I can send updated pics if you send me your email address. asking $10 EA 1 drake 2 hens

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  2. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    I looked at your webpage and those ducks look more like they were crossed with your runners with their upright stance... Someone else can chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong - but I was under the impression (or at least I was told at one point) that Muscovy crosses were sterile? You may not have to worry about crossbreeding if that is in fact the case... Either way they're cute... and I wish I could have ducks [​IMG]

3. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    Thats what every one says and I see it too BUT we got the runners after they were hatched out so they cant be runner mixed, and Ive been told they are only sterile if the father is a muscovy. Not sure if thats true or not but im not willing to take the chance, if they did cross breed I would nt be very happy [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    All mule ducks will be sterile regardless of which parent was a Muscovy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by