1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mixed Bantams From TS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ImpulsiveFarmer, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ImpulsiveFarmer

ImpulsiveFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Chautauqua County, NY
    Went to tractor supply today to see if they had any Black Australorps and ended up coming home with 7 mixed bantams instead. 5 of them I'm pretty certain are bantam cochins 3 of which I believe are frizzles. I think the other two are a polish and a sebright, but I could be wrong. I have bantam cochins so I know what the look like as a chick, but I don't know about the other two.

[​IMG]

The tiny one on the left I think is the sebright.
    [​IMG]

This is the one I think might be a polish.
    [​IMG]

2. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    Sebrights have slaty blue legs and a rosecomb. I can't see well enough in the picture to tell, but it's a place to start in narrowing the breed posibilities.

3. ImpulsiveFarmer

Jun 29, 2012
    Chautauqua County, NY
    It's legs are a little blueish compared to the others. It's also the smallest of them.

4. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    I don't take size as a breed indicator, I have chicks that were hatched from the same parents that are quite different in size. Is the comb a little straight one or broad and flat?

5. ImpulsiveFarmer

Jun 29, 2012
    Chautauqua County, NY
    Looks flat compared to the others. I had to pick it up and squint at it to see it's comb, it's barely visible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by