Mixed Bantams

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by frankensusan, Jul 15, 2007.

1. frankensusan

frankensusan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    My mixed bantam chicks arrived today! Lost one in a couple of hours but the rest look ok. They've had lots of water and some feed and are running around settling their pecking order in their new brooder. I was sent a few extras... like a LOT of extras! eek!

[​IMG]

What cracks me up is the one that looks like a penguin, except the feet. I put an arrow pointing to it.

Happy chicks everyone!

Susan

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Where did you order your chicks from?

3. frankensusan

May 17, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    oops! I forgot to say, McMurray hatchery. I was nervous as I'm in So Cal and there's been heat in the desert. But only one seemed to suffer. Tho they are going NUTS for the water.

Now I keep staring at them wondering if they are tired, or 'crashing'. Hopefully they are just tired. I think I've seen each one at the water and food, there are SOOoo many though!!

I wish I could figure out the beautiful silver baby. feathered legs, all silver almost glows, 4 toes, not black skin. I don't think I have any silkies in the whole batch. (bummer!)

Back to watching the babies.

Susan

4. frankensusan

May 17, 2007
    Escondido, CA
    darn. will try for a better chick pic. But I drew an arrow to the all silver one (all you can see is her head)

[​IMG]

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by