Mixed batch of eggs

Alas

Songster
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
Covington, LA
I have a dozen Americauna eggs in the incubator with two goose eggs. (I know, I wasnt thinking) I put them in on the same day. So, when the chicks hatch, I'll still have about 9 days until the goslings hatch. Will the goslings be okay, not getting turned during the lockdown for the chicks? If I really have to, I'll go get a second incubator to move the goose eggs to, but I'd like to avoid it.

I've done duck eggs and chicken eggs together. I did open the incubator twice a day to turn the duck eggs while the chicks were hatching. I have a Brinsea Eco so it hold humidity and temp really well for quick openings like that. I don't know if your incubator will do the same. I've heard the advice of putting the incubator in the bathroom during lockdown so you can steam up the room to open and turn. You may also be able to tip the entire incubator a little each direction to keep up some mild turning without throwing off the chicks.

Good luck.

I'm not sure how much to worry about humidity. I'm in Louisiana, I'm surprised we havent developed gills yet
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom