BarredRockMommy

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Rescued this little thing yesterday. It is in treatment, so you don't have to comment about it's leg:) any guess on breed from this or wanna take stab at gender and test out your sexing abilities lol! It's only a couple days old and i know its too young to really tell, but though it would be fun. Good luck! Has a single comb, completely black!
:) (Please leave name suggestions preferably unisex would be great!)
Top pic is just for cuteness :love.
20190426_174553.jpg
20190426_174553.jpg

20190426_130402.jpg
20190426_133931.jpg

20190426_133824.jpg

Last edited:
Rescued this little thing yesterday. It is in treatment, so you don't have to comment about it's leg:) any guess on breed from this or wanna take stab at gender and test out your sexing abilities lol! It's only a couple days old and i know its too young to really tell, but though it would be fun. Good luck! Has a single comb, completely black! View attachment 1753429 View attachment 1753430
:) (Please leave name suggestions preferably unisex would be great!)

It looks like it could be at least part black australorp

@Anime2lover
I love them have had 2 hens in the past. Sweetest things ever! I highly suggest them. What is your flock made up of? Only barred rock chick's have a white spot on there head I've noticed

Last edited:
Update:
I am leaning towards pullet. Not sure on breed. She has had amazing feather growth in the last couple days and supposedly that means pullet, because the other chick has like no feathers and the exact same age.
Too cute not to put in!:
20190502_151008.jpg

Wing growth:
20190502_151158.jpg
20190502_151148.jpg
20190502_151753.jpg

She has a white middle toe on both feet ^^^ and below are the color of her legs
20190502_151813.jpg

This is to show y'all what I mean about feather growth:
20190502_151414.jpg

Update:
I am leaning towards pullet. Not sure on breed. She has had amazing feather growth in the last couple days and supposedly that means pullet, because the other chick has like no feathers and the exact same age.
Too cute not to put in!:View attachment 1760846
Wing growth:
View attachment 1760839 View attachment 1760841 View attachment 1760842
She has a white middle toe on both feet ^^^ and below are the color of her legs
View attachment 1760843
This is to show y'all what I mean about feather growth:View attachment 1760848
Still a cute little fluff ball XD

I am far from being an expert, as I am just raising my first chicks now. I do have to say though, that chick looks just like my two Dominant Coppers, which are a Black Copper Maran/Barred Rock cross.

My two girls are a hoot. They are the youngest and tiniest of my flock, yet they have so much personality. They steal tidbits from the older, bigger chicks then run around peeping their lungs out, "Haha, it's mine, all mine!"

As for names, mine are Sea Salt and Peppercorn (I kind of have a spice theme going). Peppercorn looks almost exactly like your chick, Sea Salt is the same but with an adorable penguin face.

Peppercorn, a few days after we brought her home:
Peppercorn.jpg

Sea Salt and Peppercorn, today:
Salt and Pepper-4265.jpg

I am far from being an expert, as I am just raising my first chicks now. I do have to say though, that chick looks just like my two Dominant Coppers, which are a Black Copper Maran/Barred Rock cross.

My two girls are a hoot. They are the youngest and tiniest of my flock, yet they have so much personality. They steal tidbits from the older, bigger chicks then run around peeping their lungs out, "Haha, it's mine, all mine!"

As for names, mine are Sea Salt and Peppercorn (I kind of have a spice theme going). Peppercorn looks almost exactly like your chick, Sea Salt is the same but with an adorable penguin face.

Peppercorn, a few days after we brought her home:
View attachment 1760873

Sea Salt and Peppercorn, today:
View attachment 1760869

Oh my goodness soooo cute! We have named her I-Lean/Harmony. Lol. Each person calls her one of those 2 names. I can believe how much they look alike. I sure hope she is. They look soo cute!

Back
Top Bottom