1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mixed breed Free Eggs, only pay shipping FULL

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by chick inn, Jan 27, 2014.

1. chick inn

chick inn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    WNY
    Hi-
    ((( I am temporarily booked for the free eggs. Sorry )))

I would love to share some of my eggs for classroom hatching or just general flock raising. This is my first time selling hatching eggs so I am offering them free, and just need payment for shipping. As I understand from reading other posts- they will be bubble wrapped individually and nestled in more packing material for protection. The box will be marked "fragile" & "live embryos" Please let me know if you would like the box marked with anything else.

My roosters are: Black Copper Maran, Welsummer/Americauna, Salmon Faverolle, Brabanter.
    My hens are: 5 Black Copper Maran, 6 Welsummer, 4 Easter Egger, 1 Light Brahma, 1 Buff Brahma, 2 White Silkie, 3 Salmon Faverolle, 3 Brabanter, 3 Buff Orpington, 5 Golden Comet, 1 Leghorn.

Also available Purebred Khaki Campbell hatching eggs. These are fantastic layers- nice size eggs, too. Will sell 6 for $6 + Shipping

I live in WNY so I will collect your eggs on Saturday-Monday (best time for me to check the coops more than twice) and ship them out on Monday-Tuesday.

Is anyone interested?

Wow! Quite a few responses so far. At this point I will make an adjustment to the conditions of the sale. I will offer this price through the end of March, and will fulfill one order of 12-15 eggs per week (including no more than 6 duck eggs). If the weather warms up, I will consider sending 2 orders per week.

Those who pay first will get first choice of which week the eggs will be shipped.

The following shipping dates are available:

Feb 3/4 Pozees: 12+ chick, call for pick-up SHIPPED; Msjfrizzle 12+ chick, "do not let freeze" SHIPPED
    Feb 10/11 SarasNest 12+ chick Shipped
    Feb 17/18 CamiLynn 12+ chick Shipped
    Feb 24/25 Pinuseresinosa: 6+ duck, 6+ chick Shipped
    Mar 3/4 Penny Hen 12+ chicks; no fragile on box. Shipped
    Mar 10/11 Acire67 12+Chick, 6+duck confirmed for 3/10 :) Shipped 12+ Chick, No Ducks due to fertility :( Will Ship 6+ Duck at no extra charge when fert established
    Mar 17/18 PENDING Camp Liberty 12+ chick Cancelled
    Mar 24/25 DiverseElements 12+ chick (( Call for Pick Up ))
    Mar 31/1 PENDING Fisher101

Please post a reply in this thread with your interest, as well as sending me a PM with how many chick & ducks eggs you would like. Let me know which week you prefer delivery. I will confirm and send you a total due. Once payment has been received (paypal), I will strike out that week with your name and order.

I hope this sounds fair to everyone!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. rambob59

rambob59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Central California
    How long will this offer be good for and how many eggs are shipped?

3. chick inn

Apr 15, 2013
    WNY
    Hi, for now it will be for a limited time, I'm not sure but I will try to give enough warning and all who request them the offer until it becomes too much. I plan on separating my breeds and getting purebred eggs from them in the spring, so it will be dependent on our weather and how much free time I get :)
    I've gotten quite a few pm request for them already so there is a little waiting list now. I will send 12-15 eggs for the $15 shipping fee. This includes if you want to swap out free chick eggs for $1 duck eggs. Duck eggs are at a max of 6 at a time right now.
    Judy

4. acire67

acire67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Pleasant Valley
    Hi, I'm interested in your deal, and possibly swapping some KC duck eggs for chicken eggs. Just worried about the cold weather right now. I'm in NY, near Poughkeepsie.

Thanks-
    Erica

5. chick inn

Apr 15, 2013
    WNY
    Hey Erica!
    Thanks for your interest! Please send me a PM with how many duck and chicken eggs you would like and I will put you in my "queue" . You can pick a week that you would like them delivered.
    Judy

6. wjb1108

wjb1108 New Egg

Jan 17, 2014
    I would also be interested in your eggs. I live in Northeast PA. Is it still too cold to ship? I'm concerned because my last two hatches yielded one chick! I've used eggs from my mother's farm and my father said it's because I try too early in the year and because their chickens are free range, it's hard to know if they eggs got too cold. I would love to start them at the end of March so they hatch for Easter. I am interested in raising the chicks for dual purpose.

7. chick inn

Apr 15, 2013
    WNY
    Hey there!
    I'd be happy to put you on the calendar. I've read threads about refrigerated eggs hatching after incubating. I plan on collecting these eggs over the weekend and super fresh so they won't be frozen. But I completely understand if you'd like to wait for milder temps. Send me a PM and we can talk about how many chick/duck eggs you would like, payment, and when to ship them.
    Thanks,
    Judy

8. msjfrizzle

msjfrizzle Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2011
    Wichita, Kansas
    I would love to have a dozen (or more) chicken eggs for my classroom. I teach gifted kids at an environmental magnet school, and I have turned my students into chicken fans! Now they want to hatch chicks, so why not?

9. chick inn

Apr 15, 2013
    WNY
    I've got you in queue! Thank you for payment!

10. DiverseElements

DiverseElements New Egg

Jan 30, 2014
    I am interested in reserving an order of chicken eggs for the end of March (24/25) if they are still available. I work at a small library near Saratoga, NY, where we hatched chicks last spring, half of which joined my flock, while the other half went home with another librarian. Our patrons loved the program so much that we're planning on doing it again! We're aiming for a hatch date the week before Easter, when the kids will be home from school so they will be more likely to get to see it happen. Please let me know if you can help us out! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by