(Mixed) Breed Identification, Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FeatherWait, Jan 9, 2013.

1. FeatherWait

FeatherWait Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2012
    My daughter bought these locally last summer. The boy who sold them to her said they were mixes. Just wondering what they might be.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for your help in identifying these. They are good pets for my daughter!

2. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Spike and Frizzilla look like Easter Egger roosters.
    Little and Lilly I have no idea. Do they both have single combs? They kind of look like second generation sex links. I've even seen game bird crosses that look like them.
    Chester looks like an Easter Egger hen.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    x2

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    ee
    ee
    black sex link
    cant think of name
    ee

5. FeatherWait

Dec 28, 2012
    Wow! Thank you for your help.
    Little and Lilly do have single combs. Lilly's comb is more prominent than Little's. I have no knowledge of second generation sex links and game bird crosses. That can be some 'homework' for me today!

6. reinvestment

reinvestment Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2013
    The nursery told me that you can sex a chick by looking at the underside of the wing. Now I can't remember which is which but one has one row of feathers and the other has 2 rows. If you have chicken that you know for sure what it is, look at the underside of the wing, then go from there.
    However,----they sent me a rooster that was supposed to be a hen!! I believe this was sloppy work rather than wrong feather rows.

7. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    That's only if they've carefully managed thier flocks and crossing, taking advantage of feathering speed genetics. It doesn't apply to all chicks, just ones specifically bred for it.

8. chickmister

chickmister Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    WI
    ee's and eeX

9. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    How old is Lily? If she's fairly young, she could be a Tetra Tint--a hatchery hybrid between a RIR and white Leghorn. You'll know she's a Tetra Tint if she lays pale cream-colored eggs.

10. FeatherWait

Dec 28, 2012
    Thank you for your help, chickmister!
    What does eeX mean?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by