1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mixed chick order - have I lost my mind?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AliP, Mar 25, 2015.

1. AliP

AliP Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2012
    OK, unfair question, I have definitely lost my mind, but I ordered these pullets from McMurray to arrive in early May:
    1 Black Minorca, 1 Buff Rock, 2 Buff Laced Polish, 1 Blue Andalusian, 1 Golden Penciled Hamburg, 1 partridge Rock, 1 White Wyandotte, 1 Silver Spangled Hamburg, 1 Lakenvelder, 1 Silver leghorn, 2 Ameraucana, 1 Dominique, 1 White Crested Black Polish

I was assured that if they are raised together that they will get along, now I'm starting to freak out a little (can you tell this is my first chicken experience beyond helping my grandma when I was a kid?)

Thanks, and don't be surprised if you see me around here more and more in the coming weeks/years!

Alison

2. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    They'll get along just fine. My current flock are a mix and my new 20 chicks are mixes too. They don't know the difference between breeds!

3. Bloveschickens

Bloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    My Coop
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by