Mixed chicks, what are they? PICS INCLUDED

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marlene, Oct 7, 2011.

1. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Below is the add that describes the eggs i bought so you can see the different mixes that i might of hatched out, would love you experts to give me an idea of what iv'e got and what colours these might turn out to be. Sorry about the 1 small pic, for some reason could not get it the size of the others.

"My Pekin pullets include gold and silver partridge, lemon cuckoo, lavender, black mottle, millefleur, lavender cuckoo, buff and buff columbian."

"My Pekin cockerels include gold, blue and silver partridge; blue, black mottle, black mottle frizzle, white frizzle, millefleur, lemon cuckoo and gold/buff columbian."

"Running with them at present are white, gold, partridge and blue silkies, so a few of your eggs could be pure silkie or Silkie/Pekin crosses. It's really pot luck!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    i dont know any thing about pekins but i dont think they have silkie in them

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    last 2 look like they have blue in them the rest im not to sure about

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    They all look like cochins(pekins) to me. I'm not very good at colors, but I'll guess. [​IMG].
    1- Blue partridge?
    2- Black, maybe birchen?
    3- same as 2
    4-same as 2 & 3
    5- mottled
    6-silver partridge
    7-blue?
    All just wild guesses, updaye us later so I can see if I was right on any. [​IMG]

5. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    If any of these had frizzle in them would it show now or not till they get grown up feathers?

6. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:Their wing feathers will come in all flipped out. The wing feathers I can see so far don't look frizzled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by