Mixed d'uccle/spitzhauben trio: NPIP & vaccinated (mid Missouri)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by teddiliza, Jun 27, 2010.

1. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Above is a picture of the male, below is what the females look like. They are bug eating machines! Mareks vaccinated, and from NPIP pullorum-typhoid/Avian influenza free flock. I won't be shipping. But I might be able to deliver if within 30 miles of Jefferson City MO. They are almost 3 months old. They are good natured and calm if handled daily, but I haven't had time lately for that except at night. Super cute, and their momma is a daily layer (spitzhauben) who gave them their crests. They got their beard from their porcelain d'uccle daddy.
    [​IMG]

2 pullets and 1 cockerel for $10.

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Cool-looking birds! I'd take some off your hands if I lived nearby. Good luck finding them homes!

3. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    The bottom looks just like the birds I've been getting from my RIR or Black Australorp Roos over my Spitzhauben hens! So so so cool!![​IMG]

4. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking they are sex linked! All my girls are buff/black, and all my boys have been black and white like their momma!

5. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    Thats more or less how it works Teddi, except I'm not sure how the mottling will turn out - but they're all split to lavender!!! (since dad was a porcelain)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by