Mixed flock & Layer feed

Thomas Lamprogiorgos

Songster
6 Years
Oct 19, 2017
Greece
Hello, everyone.
In a flock with hybridized white leghorns, adult turkeys, bantams, males and pullets I can't use layer feed.

Can I use developer for adult chickens and a combination of oyster shell and marble dust in a separate continuous feeder?

Same here, I also use Purina Flock Raiser with crushed oyster shell mixed in.
You can use crashed oyster shell only if your birds are in their laying period. You can't use oyster shell to a serama bantam in winter, because they lay nothing in the winter. You can't give oyster shell to a turkey tom, because males never lay.

You can use crashed oyster shell only if your birds are in their laying period. You can't use oyster shell to a serama bantam in winter, because they lay nothing in the winter. You can't give oyster shell to a turkey tom, because males never lay.
If it's separate, they won't eat it if they don't need it.

You can use crashed oyster shell only if your birds are in their laying period.
My 3 older hens are 33 months old and only one is Laying.
They've had a pail of Oyster Shells separate from the feed before they were 5 months old. 20180718_090835.jpg .
I also have 19 weeks old pullets with Oyster Shells separate from the feed since they were 17 weeks. They went Nuts for it on the first day but take very little now. 20181213_100023.jpg . Most are Squatting, non are Laying. Both Flocks also have a separate pail of Granite Grit. 20180718_091524.jpg . 20181214_095809.jpg . GC

My 3 older hens are 33 months old and only one is Laying.
They've had a pail of Oyster Shells separate from the feed before they were 5 months old.View attachment 1628806.
I also have 19 weeks old pullets with Oyster Shells separate from the feed since they were 17 weeks. They went Nuts for it on the first day but take very little now.View attachment 1628807. Most are Squatting, non are Laying. Both Flocks also have a separate pail of Granite Grit.View attachment 1628808.View attachment 1628809. GC
Random i am going to have to do this with my old flower pots and put them into use what you did with grit container:)

My hens did not eat it during summer when i had it left out.. i had to sneak it in some eggs to get them to eat it,every once in a while but the oyster grit it worked wonders.. my old hen stopped laying soft shell eggs lol& lais normal hard shelled eggs so it was def a success worth it even Taking time having to hiding it in some scrambled eggs food LOL

Back
Top Bottom