Mixed flock pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rubberduckies, Mar 12, 2013.

1. rubberduckies

rubberduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    I keep seeing "share your runner pics" and "Pekin pics" and different threads. Well I have a mixed flock. So here are a few pics from yesterday's bath time. My duckies are 3 weeks old. Feel free to share your pics here. I love seeing everybody's ducks. :)

Here's Darwin, my only boy, and Darcy. (Rouens). I think Darwin's face is so cute in this pic. I love it when he looks up at me with those big brown eyes and tilts his little head.
    [​IMG]

This is Stella, my f/w runner. She's the runt and a little shy, but such a sweet girl.
    [​IMG]

This is Quacker, my black runner. My (almost) 6-year-old son picked her out and named her. I had to edit this pic so that she'd be light enough to see her bill and eye. She's so dark, I call her my little black stealth ninja. Lol.
    [​IMG]

And this is my little fatty, Puddle the Pekin.
    [​IMG]

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Very cute! With a mixed flock you get to share your pics on many threads. [​IMG] I will be getting some Pekin next month to breed with my Muscovy so I'll get to share on this and other threads. [​IMG]

3. melissamerry

melissamerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2012
    Goleta, California
    So adorable! With a mix flock do they get along just fine? I was thinking about getting some more ducks in a few months but I can't decided on which ones. I want one of everything!
    And I totally agree about the specific duck threads. There's never a "white mallard thread." What gives? [​IMG]

My drake, Finn.

[​IMG]

One of my girls, Jake, at the beach.
    [​IMG]

All three fishing! Finn with a fish, Jake to the left, and TreeTrunks in the back.
    [​IMG]

4. rubberduckies

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    Lol. We'll I figured I'd share them all in one place because I don't have a whole lot of pics of each of them. Most of my pics are all of them together.

Melissamerry, your ducks are so cute! I saw them on another thread yesterday and when I heard their names I started singing the Adventure Time theme song. Lol. My ducks get along great! They actually start to panic if I take one away where the others can't see it. It's kind of cute. They were all hatch mates so I'm sure that helps. But I don't think you would have a problem with different breeds. I wanted everything too! Lol. That's why I have so many different ones. :)

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    You need to start a White mallard thread and see who all comes in and posts pics.

6. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    melissamerry, your duckies are so cute! It's so cool that you take them to the beach. That looks like so much fun.

I have a mixed flock in the making. These two new girls Sophie and Maddy are a Buff Orpington and Blue Swede, respectively. They'll be joining my Pekin drake and it should make for a diverse little group. I'm making a playlist of the girls on YouTube, too: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8DSKmramdoMQlEKSIo__eBTcQHTkNHe8&feature=edit_ok I've been adding a video a week so that when they're done I can sit back and watch them grow up. I think I'm over compensating after going so many years without any baby birds. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <-- Argh that one keeps turning sideways!

And my drake Casper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  7. DeckDuck

DeckDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    Quote: Awww!

8. rubberduckies

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    Deckduck, they're adorable!

9. rubberduckies

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    I got some better pics when they had their morning swim....

[​IMG]

They have so much fun "submarining"...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nibbling on my phone...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG]