Mixed hatching eggs for sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by scgamecock, Feb 6, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    My fresh egg sales have slowed down and the girls have picked up production.I'm getting 4 dozen a day and they are starting to back up on me.I have never shipped eggs before but I think I can do it.I have 10 chicks 7 weeks old that I hatched from my eggs and some have turned out to be pure bred Barred Rocks and RIR's.Some are mixed so there's no telling what you would get.I have a Barred Rock,RIR,Partridge Rock,Buff Orpington, and Silver laced Wyandotte roosters that are in with maybe 10 to 15 different pure bred hens.Everything from Delawares,BO,White Wyandottes,Ancona,a couple of leghorns and several more.I even have 3 Blue Laced red Wyandotte hens in the pen,no roosters though.The possibilities are endless an you could magically end up with a pure bred chick so if anyone is interested in some "mutts" I will sell them for $2 a dozen plus actual shipping cost.The same price as I sell for fresh eating.It's been close to 80 here the past few days so that has really turned them on,although is suppose to cool off in a couple of days.These are hatchery chickens from Ideal and McMurray but they are laying well and are very tame.If anybody wants to try some "potluck chickens" just let me know.Just thought I would add that i'm new here on the board and I would like to earn everyone's trust so this is why I've decided to do this.I will really be going in the whole selling the eggs at this price but I figured that I would give you guys an incentive to try me out and I could get some practice shipping eggs the correct way.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  2. humptydumpty

humptydumpty Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2008
    Brandon,MS
    where do you live and do you ship chicks

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I'm in Conway S.C. near Myrtle Beach.I don't have any chicks nor would I begin to know how to ship them.I have a mixed flock of chickens that I have for my enjoyment and for great fresh eating eggs.Because this chicken thing is addictive, I have more chickens that I realize and I sell my extras for eating.I'm just getting more than I'm selling right now.Of course I wouldn't ship anybody old eggs, it would be fresh ones just picked up.

4. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I take some on monday how much is shipping to 03447?

5. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I will check on the shipping and let you know.How many you want?

6. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I will take the 2 doz. [​IMG]

7. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    USPS website says $12.95 for priority mail two days, that should cover two dozen or so.I don't think they will weigh more than that.Do you want them by Monday or sent on Monday?I throw in some extra's too.Interested in any white eggs?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  8. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    sure and i would like them shipped on monday if thats ok with you please e-mail me

9. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    I would like some...
    but i think i live too far away...
    Colorado, western slope......? is that too far?
    also the temp might not be good...
    but i dunno

10. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I don't think it would hurt the eggs as much as chicks.The eggs can be stored at fairly low temps before hatching.Maybe some of the more experienced ones on here could chime in on that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by