mixed polish straight run from ideal..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TyrannosaurusChix, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    My polish are 4 weeks old today, and i noticed throughout their growingly awkward looks(lol) that i have two smaller ones, that appear to be like a bantam? No contrasting colors.. more like what i would call a blue? their wings come off their back ends like a little bantam and they are now half the size of the others( ive realized i have silver and gold laced and buff colored ones which i think are the buff laced)

Any advice? does ideal send out bantams with regulars on their crested variety? i assume thats what the feed store ordered. i got them right out of the box that was delivered 30 minutes before i arrived.

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I don't know about the Polish Variety, but the only bantam breeds Ideal list with top hats are White Crested Black Polish and Sultan. I would ask the feed store what they ordered. Then maybe call Ideal to see if they send bantams with standard breed orders.

3. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    I've dealt with Polish some and have found that some just grow slower than others and some never get very big at all (Polish is not a very big chicken to begin with). They are fun and usually lay fairly well.

4. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Quote:I went to investigate further yesterday and picked the littlest one up.. his whole behind is BARE from down! [​IMG] i did say they were getting awkward! The other small one has his booty feathers and looks larger, maybe this is it?

They also barely have even a raised section on their heads. I shall have to go get some pictures.. im sure they are polish as their nose/comb area are the shame shape as the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by