MIXED PULLETS (UPDATE 9/01/21)

Pics
May I ask how you can spot the father?(silverudds blue)? I have a pullet that looks exactly like this, that I hatched from a random assortment of eggs. The egg was blue. Same comb and everything. But from what I looked up on Silverrudds, they have a single comb?
Bought these birds from someone who hatched them from a local breeder who had mixed flock of purebreds with Silverudds blue and Marans as possible fathers. Waiting to hear back what possible mothers there are.
Feathered legs are dominant so I would expect the chicks to have feathered legs if the Marans was the father.
Both chicks also have the dark eyes like the silverudds. The blue one looks like it has a modified pea comb which is common in a cross between a single combed and a Pea combed breed.
Single combs are also recessive.
So just used the process of elimination to figure it out.😊
These girls should lay some shade of green egg in that case, so I guess time will tell if my suppositions are correct.

UPDATE!
So Astrid and Estella are now 10 weeks old. Estella is still pretty small. Of the possible parent birds the breeder had, best guess she is EE mixed with Silverudds. Not quite bantam sized, but she will be a smaller chicken. Photo of her next to my same aged red cochin bantam pullet.
Astrid is growing like crazy. She may be part Jersey Giant, but still have not figured out where the dominant white genetics came from.
They are both sweet girls and have integrated nicely with my other youngsters.
😊
Integration5.jpg
Integration18.jpg

Integration11.jpg
98372ce4-cd0c-41e4-824e-7af6f1d85354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom