MIXED/PURE WATERFOWL EGG CHAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by shelleyd2008, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Hi there!! Some of us are feeling a bit left out from all the pure egg swaps, so we have decided to start one for the mutts [​IMG]

Anyone is able to swap, as long as what you are swapping poops a lot and likes to swim (small boys not an option [​IMG])

This will be ran as a chain, where person 'A' offers their eggs, and person 'B' takes the current offer, then offers their eggs, and so on. It's very simple!

The shipping costs would be covered by the shipper so no one has to mess with sending money orders or paypal or whatever.
    You pay to ship your own eggs to the next person in the chain [​IMG]

I am not sure how many eggs should be offered by each person. I would think at least 6 for ducks, or at least 3 for geese, what do you guys think? I know a lot of geese don't lay everyday, plus their eggs are heavier, so the shipping would be more. Of course, you can send as many as you want, so long as the minimum is met.

Also, if your ducks are or could be muscovy/mallard type mix, please state so in your listing!! These would be mules, and unable to reproduce. Personally, I wouldn't mind having some, but I would like to know that they are mules!!

Okay, so let's get this chain started!! Who wants to be the first link? [​IMG]

Oh, and just to be fair, pure eggs are also accepted on this chain [​IMG]

Also, please try to send your eggs out as soon as you can, and don't offer eggs that you won't be able to send by 2 weeks. Thanks, and have fun!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i'm in!..umm..once my baby ducks are old enough! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I will make the first offer.

Offer: 6 eggs
    They will be either buff/khaki or runner/khaki

3 of each

Here are the parental units.
    [​IMG]

Great egg layers!!!

(Did I kill it already? LOLOL)

Here is what the buff/khaki mix looks like at 5 days old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  4. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Awww! too cute! I imagine this one will go a little slow at first (until my ducks get laying anyway, lol).
    Becky

5. barnwife

barnwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    my goodness!! how adorable!!

"lovinggly reproaches lazy flock"

EGGS! NOW, you crazy little bug-eaters! [​IMG]

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    LOLOL

We have a bunch of slackers out there eh?

Well, I did cheat and start with adults. I wont see eggs from JJ until fall.

7. barnwife

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    yes, adorable quacking slackers. I might have to find a stewpot to fill soon, if the boys and girls dont get with the program....
    ducks are food, not friends....
    unless you're tired, depressed, or overwhelmed, then they make excellent entertainment...also when you don't have time, four am wake-up calls,

BY THE WAY...they should really be laying b/c they ate every last colored bit of my swiss chard today....they are on lockdown, just like the chickens until i get the garden fence put up.

I thought ducks didnt eat garden greens/yellows/pinks/reds? Especially the broad-leafed ones?

Stinking buggers!

Happy Resurrection day!

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:My experience has been that ducks will eat anything they can get their bills on! [​IMG]

9. barnwife

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    I've been working on a flower garden in my duck area...I have found they do not eat dusty miller, monkey grass, grapevines, rasperry bushes, and texas bluebonnet so far.

ok, i should stop hijacking the thread. It's a waterfowl egg chain!

YAY for designer waterfowl! Much better eye candy [​IMG] Keep folks guessing!

10. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:No monkey grass?? Great! I was hoping they wouldn't! I got some starts from GPN a while ago to use as 'cover' in the duck area. This is my way of hoping they will lay their eggs in a certain 'area', rather than having a daily easter egg hunt. I was hoping they wouldn't eat it, so YAY!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by