1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mixed signals

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cary 1973, Apr 22, 2012.

1. cary 1973

cary 1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

i have 3 2week old and 1 one week old chick what i have read if there cold they will huddle togeather and on top of each other under the heat light. and if there hot will be far away from light well my chicks light cheerping all huddled togeather in tight ball at the far end away from the heat light so are they cold but to hot near the light or are they cuddling i dont know how to take this

2. cary 1973

this is what im talking about how ever in this pic there closer to the light cuz i have the blaket up so i could get the pic other wise there in the corner far away from the light

[​IMG]

3. cary 1973

[​IMG]

another pic so do you think there cold or not any suggestions would be appricated

4. RonC

RonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    D/FW
    Mine at seven weeks will all huddle together and almost lay on each other even while sunning and it 80 degrees out. They aren't too cold or they would be under the light.

5. cary 1973

thank you. i also being a worry wart keep going over and picking each one up to make sure they geel warm but after reading all the post of babys just getting sick out of no where or dying now im scared to death every time i go and check on the girls i get up prob 4 or 5 times a night checking on them. its like having a new born baby

6. RonC

RonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    D/FW
    Once they get about 4 weeks they are not near as vunerable as the one-two week olds. Been a bad week in Chickenville too. Read about too many lost this week.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by