mixed silkie photos

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 1Chick Magnet, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    does anybody have any? would love to see what silkies crossed with orher birds look like. does anybody have photos to post?

2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    silkie x frizzle on right, (silkie x frizzle) x silkie left.

[​IMG]

rooster in the middle, 4th gen silkie x barred rock...

[​IMG]

3. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    what color skin does the roo have?

4. nzpouter

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    red, but working with one of his offspring next year...

[​IMG]

5. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    do you have a pic of just your roo? I have 4 silkie roos and a barred rock pullet. what color silkie did you mix with your rock to get the roo? I like that the bars came through on the offspring.[​IMG]

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    this is a silkie x cochin, he has grown up since(still small, but big attitude) and I have been unable to place him [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    Quote:What are you thinking of crossing? I am interested as well. I have two silkie roos in with mixed birds. My kids are dying to hatch their eggs this spring

8. 1Chick Magnet

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:What are you thinking of crossing? I am interested as well. I have two silkie roos in with mixed birds. My kids are dying to hatch their eggs this spring

all my roos are silkies. the girls are silkies, showgirls, and 4 standard girls listed below. thinking of ordering other crested pullets and bantams. wondering what the kids would look like. for example, polish,sultan,frizzle,houdan. if someone has photos that I think are cute it would help me decide what to order. I am very fond of blue,splash and lavender.

9. nzpouter

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Quote:The roo is actually a crele, not a very well marked one but you can see the barring on his hackle and sickle. The original mix was a pertridge roo and a barred rock hen, hence the crele, barring on black and red.[​IMG]

10. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I tried to mix My Salmon Fav. Roo with my silkies hens and learned just tonight that you won't get chicks with the silkie feathering unless both parents have the silkie feather gene. I was so disappointed'[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by