Mixes?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by EmAbTo48, Jul 14, 2011.

1. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I got these 2 only a week ago my question is what are they mixed? Mallards? I know the brown is a female, and the mallard looking on is male. (the white ones if our my Pekins)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!! [​IMG]

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Let Me Think Let Me Think Silver Apple Yards Look It Up On The Breed Page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    They look like saxony, or at least the female does.

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    They are not Appleyards. Unless those are very large Pekins (which is possible) they seem small for Saxonies. But they might be a Saxony cross.

Whatever they are, they are lovely. Are they full grown? If they are going to get bigger it might change what breed they look like. Saxony is what they look the most like to me. Saxony ducks (hens) are usually more fawn colored than that, but it is going to vary by what breeder they have come from.

5. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Ok maybe saxony was what i was thinking of. And they ARE NOT pekins i promise you that.

6. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    They are last years ducklings from to different hens. So they are full grown. I got them from a lady who's husband raised ducks, geese, and any type of bird you name it [​IMG] but he passed away so she has been trying to find new homes otherwise they will be butchered! I was thinking of maybe getting a few more different ones.

Anyways, I was able to see the mother of the fawn colored one she does look like a saxony, she was a lot smaller so I am sure these are mixes! But they sure are pretty mixes! The male has beautiful coloring rich greens, and blues.

7. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Not Saxony, but the white facial marking in the female resemble some of it. Perhaps a cross, the rest of the body looks like mallard.

8. TDM

TDM Chillin' With My Peeps

The Duck ABC's :

Not Saxony, but the white facial marking in the female resemble some of it. Perhaps a cross, the rest of the body looks like mallard.

I have been told that I am not as smart as this budding author on BYC. However, best of luck.​

9. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Quote:I do raise Saxonies and some of the offsprings have even won in shows. I do not go to shows, due to bad knees, but my buyers do. I may not be an expert on other breeds, but Saxonies are my specialty.

10. Senna95

Senna95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Woodland
    The female COULD be a saxony mix, but the male is definately not: he wouldn't have the green head if he was. Both seem taller and more slender then their pekin fiends, so maybe runner mix???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by