Mixing Birds

DollyDayDream91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
Hi Everyone,

In desperate need of clarification please ..........

I am in the process of incubating Guinea fowl for the first time.

My Dad's, non-experienced in animal keeping, girlfriend has just informed me that you can not keep Guinea Fowl together with; Hens, Ducks, Quail & Pygmy Goats.

It was my intention to have them in individual houses, but all in one area.

So the hens have their own house, the goats have their own house, the quail have their own house, the ducks have their own house and the guinea fowls have their own house but being raised up high for them.

But they would all share a ground area covering 100 foot x 30 foot.

Is this wrong ? or do I need a separate area completely for my Guinea fowl to be ?

Appreciate any advice

Many Thanks,

Tina :)

I house my guineas together with chickens just fine in the hen house. Always have, they free range together and go to bed together in the evening. Guineas can share space with any animal including goats, horses, cows, (though they run the risk of getting stepped on) As long as they have their own roosts to go on it works just fine. It's mixing turkeys and chickens where things can become complicated where turkeys are susceptible to blackhead and chickens are not.

Thank you so much
hugs.gif

I did think that there wasn't an issue with it, but then when she said that, it got me worried and I started to doubt myself.

thumbsup.gif

Our 21 guineas live with our 3 chickes. They free range in our pastures that have 7 horses. They also have the barn cats trained to "don't even try as we are onto you". Our Labrador retriever ... A bird dog .... Respects the flock and they walk around her without an issue.

Back
Top Bottom