mixing bobwhites and coturnix quails together????

i hatched out about 39 JBs and 17 coturnix. about the first 3 days all was good then right around the fourth day i went out to the brooder had 3 dead coturnix with missing beaks and many others still alive with bloody beaks. i moved the bobs in with a batch of older coturnix and had bloody beaks on a few of my coturnix. so had to build a cage for only the Jumbo bobs. now the coturnix and the bobs are happy.

Yeah I agree. We have both and I can't imagine putting the coturnix in with the evil bobs, lol....We used some bobs for training the other day and my husband was like "some of them are missing flight feathers!!" I was like WELL...they ARE BOBS! They even come up to the side of the pen to peck at my fingers- and not in a nice way!

I removed a tibetan from my mixed pen yesterday because he was terrorizing my favorite hen. I have ONE named quail and he decides to terrorize her
sad.png

So I threw him in the Mean Hen pen and let him run for his life in there for about 5 minutes. Then moved him into another mixed pen for a few days. He's going to a friend this weekend who needs training birds. Mean qualie! I did briefly consider putting him in with the bobs but figured they'd kill him like they do the mice that happen to wander into their pen so decided against going that far.

Anyhow- having both - no I wouldn't subject the coturnix to living with bobs. My bobs can't even be nice to each other muchless a different variety of quail! Kristi

Coturnix= Roaches Of The Quail World (i Mean That In A Good Way
smile.png
)

Bobs= Junkyard Dogs Of The Entire Gamebird World!

A+b= Screwed Up Quail
Thanks for the advice I was thinking on putting them together in same pen outside but now I'm changing my mind. Thanks for the good advice

Back
Top Bottom