1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mixing Breeds & raising chicks

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickanoob, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Chickanoob

Chickanoob New Egg

Aug 7, 2011
    So I'm new to this whole thing... I just got a Barred Rock Pullet, a Black Sex Link Pullet, and a Sultan Cockerel. I also am raising 3 chicks, 1- Brahma & 2- Speckled Sussex. Now I got the Sultan for his beautiful breed & feathered feet. I have never seen these mixed before but was hoping someone had some photos of what a Pure Sultan might look like if mixed with any of the above listed breeds. I love my Roo btw, he wakes me up at 6/ 6:30am with the most unique crow I've ever heard. He sounds more like a wild bird at sunrise, but alot louder. He was very easy to introduct to my hens & as soon as the chicks are old enough (they are less than 1 week now), then I will be introducing them & seeing what comes of the neat mixes. But I would love to get some ideas on what I'm looking forward to [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Thanks everyone for any input

Chick-a-noob... I'm a chick, raising chicks, and I'm a noobie at it [​IMG]

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Can't help with your question just wanted to say [​IMG]

3. Chickanoob

Chickanoob New Egg

Aug 7, 2011
    Thanks for the Welcome... I'm from Oregon starting up my new chicken farming just for personal use of course, but its the funnest thing I've ever done [​IMG]

4. CheekyChooks

CheekyChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Doncaster
    I would be interested to see those mixies too ... bet they would look awesome. Welcome to the forum.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by